Casseroles are some of my favorite comfort foods. They're creamy, warm, and I love that it makes a lot of food! These pack well as leftovers too.
Prep ahead note- We buy chicken in bulk, and I always toss 2 packages (roughly 4-5 lbs of chicken breasts) into the slow cooker with some seasoning and chicken stock. I cook it on low for 8 hours, and then I have shredded chicken ready for salads, enchiladas, quesadillas, and other recipes. (See how I make my chicken!)
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (we use 98% fat-free)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese (we use Kirkland/Costco Mexican cheese)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets OR 2 cups fresh steamed, chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Egg noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add in all the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cooked rice or egg noodles! (we prefer the rice) Enjoy
Source: Life in the Lofthouse