Kalyn's Kitchen uses Flatout flat bread as her base, tops it off with some pizza sauce, and then adds some mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni. A lower fat and carb alternative without sacrificing the flavor? Count me in! These are easy, quick, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Or, we like to have them no Friday nights and pop in a movie.
- 1 piece Flatout Multigrain flatbread (they sell these in the bakery section of my grocery store)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Muir Glen Pizza Sauce (or any low-sugar pizza sauce; sometimes we use spaghetti sauce)
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup low-fat pizza cheese (we use Kroger brand)
- 12-15 pieces turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- While oven heats, put flat cookie sheet into oven to heat for 5 minutes. (If you have a pizza stone, that would work great here.)
- After about 5 minutes, remove cookie sheet, drizzle on about 1 tsp. olive oil, and spread around with paper towel. (Be careful not to burn yourself on the hot pan.)
- Put flatbread on pan, put in oven and cook 2-3 minutes, just until bottom of the flatbread is slightly toasted.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and turn flatbread over, then spread 2 Tbsp pizza sauce on the toasted side, spreading around with your fingers or a pastry brush so there is a very thin layer of pizza sauce on the entire surface of flatbread.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over sauce, and spread around so it covers sauce.
- Layer pepperoni, then mushrooms, over the cheese, finishing with 1/4 cup more cheese.
- Put cookie sheet back into hot oven and cook pizza 7-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned and pizza is done. Watch it carefully the last couple of minutes. Serve hot.
Source: Kalyn's Kitchen
Nutritional info (1 flatout pizza, 15 turkey pepperoni slices): 423 calories, 20g carbs, 25g fat, 9g protein