This was a delicious, easy, and comforting meal to come home to.This is the first time I used boned-in chicken in the crockpot, and it worked beautifully. The chicken was moist, tender, and full of flavor, and I loved the sauce too. The original recipe stated that this dish had a lot more flavor if you browned the chicken prior to adding it to the crockpot, and I followed her exact instructions- I'm so glad I did. I also upped the amount of vegetables- if the sauce is that good, might as well make it as healthy as can be,
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, lightly spray with oil (I use my Misto) and brown chicken on both sides a few minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- To the skillet, spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté until juices release and the vegetables become golden, a few minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and the crushed red pepper; Give it a quick stir and cover. Set crock pot to LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, adjust salt and pepper and enjoy!