These muffins were so easy, so moist, and so delicious! I love that I can bake them in a muffin pan so they are proportionate. I had 2 muffins (and D had 3). I already had this silicone muffin pan, and I love making things in it. It is so easy to remove food items, and these muffins baked up great.
Since we had extras, I placed 2-3 meatloaf muffins per plastic food container, added some canned green beans, and we had lunches ready to go for a week.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins, 6 servings (2 muffins/serving)
- 1.25# ground turkey
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package Knorr vegetable mix (I find this in the soup aisle of my local grocery store)
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion or grated
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 12-15 tsp ketchup (1 tsp per muffin top)
- Mix all ingredients together and put in either a 9x5 meatloaf pan or a muffin tray. (If you use a muffin tray that isn't made of silicone, make sure to spray each well with cooking spray.) I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill each muffin well- it was the perfect amount!
- Put 1 tsp ketchup on top each meatloaf muffin and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with veggies. You can also serve with a different carb, but keep in mind the oats in the recipe already do add a little carbs to the meatloaf, so do not eat quite a full serving of whatever carb you choose.
Nutrition stats per serving (2 muffins): 195 calories, 17g protein, 18g carbs, 7g fat
Yields: 12 muffins (16-17 muffins if you use 1.75# ground turkey)
Source: Adapted from BFL party