I've been seeing this talked about a lot amongst friends. I love having oatmeal for breakfast, and while cooing oatmeal is simple, I love how creamy and filling this version is. I would call this a "suped up" oatmeal since it's more than just oats- it has tons of calcium (milk- use regular, coconut, almond- any milk you like), protein (greek yogurt, or if you're like me, I love Kroger's CarbMaster yogurt), and healthy carbs (oats!). You can also top it with nuts (walnuts, almonds, or pecans), granola, or fresh fruit. I can eat it in the morning and I feel full until lunchtime.
There are many versions out on the internet, but I think this makes a great base and you can add your own varieties to make it your favorite!
|I bought these 8-oz Ball jars at Kroger|
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned (not quick cooking) oats
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 3-oz Greek yogurt (I use 1/2 of 6-oz container of Kroger CarbMaster yogurt)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- The night before you plan to eat your oats, assemble all ingredients above and mix well. Seal in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight (they will be ready in about 5 hours, but overnight is best).
- Wake up and enjoy the next day!
I like to top mine with...
- Fresh fruit- Sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Nuts- Crushed pecans, almonds, or walnuts
Source: Adapted from Lauren Conrad