You can make this salad in advance, and add the avocados right before serving (so they don't turn brown on you).
I also like to add in some chicken (my favorite way here) to increase the protein factor. I made this over the weekend, and divided this up into (4) 1-cup(ish) servings. Can't wait to have this light and satisfying salad for lunch!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (this was approx 2 small limes for me)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15-oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combined the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, red onion, and cilantro; mix well.
- When you're ready to eat, add the diced avocados, and serve immediately.