We were looking for a creamy cole slaw to top over a hot dog (recipe to come soon!). This was straightforward and easy, and foot the bill.
When I initially tasted it, I felt the sugar granules and thought it tasted too sweet. However, when I took it out of the fridge a few hours later, the sugar granules had dissolved and it tasted perfect.
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (full fat and we love Hellmann's)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve and flavors to marry in the fridge for a few hours.
Source: Adapted from Robert Irvine