This was another easy weeknight dish that was easy and flavorful. We especially loved the cilantro lime quinoa!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- ¼ rounded tsp salt
- ¼ rounded tsp pepper
- ¼ rounded tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ rounded tsp onion powder
- ¼ rounded tsp cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Juice and zest from (1) lime
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Topping- Guacamole or Avocado cream sauce (recipe below)
- Combine all the dry seasonings in a small bowl. Mix them together and then season both sides of each chicken breast.
- Add the teaspoon of olive oil to a large pan or skillet. Heat the olive oil for a minute over medium/high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for seven minutes on each side with the lid on.
- Add the chicken stock and quinoa to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on, until all the stock has been absorbed.
- After the chicken breasts have cooked all the way through, remove them from the pan and let them rest for seven minutes before slicing them.
- Add the warm quinoa to a large bowl. Toss in the lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper, and chopped cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Serve the sliced chicken breast on top of the quinoa. If you find the blackened seasoning too spicy, you can add a quick and easy avocado cream sauce to cool it down (or guacamole- yum!).
Avocado cream sauce:Just place the flesh from an avocado along with 2 Tbsp of Greek yogurt in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Source: Adapted from Sarcastic Cooking