I love easy cake recipes, and this one is it. We've made this several times now, but I kept forgetting to blog about it. You essentially dump all the ingredients into a large bowl, give it a good beating via a mixer, and dump it into your bundt pan. Then voila! Delicious cake with minimal effort. Every single time. We love to pair a warm slice with some vanilla ice cream.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3.4-oz box of instant vanilla pudding
- 3.4-oz box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups of water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed if you're using a high-powered mixer (like a KitchenAid mixer). (If you're using a handheld mixer, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.) Batter will be somewhat thick!
- Add in chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.
- Top with powdered sugar.
Source: Adapted from Mix and Match Mama