Bacon, tater tots, and cheese! This was one of the easiest casseroles I've ever made- you place the frozen tater tots into a large baking dish, mix in the other ingredients, and bake them. Couldn't be more easier on a Sunday fall morning.
- 1 (32 oz) package of frozen tater tots (we used tater rounds)
- 8 eggs
- 10 pieces of bacon (uncooked), chopped*
- 8 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Generous helping of salt and pepper
*Note: You do not cook your bacon before assembling this recipe. Just chop up your raw bacon and stir it in with the rest of your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan (I used Pam).
- Spread your frozen tater tots down across your baking pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs. Stir in the bacon pieces, onions, cheeses and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture down over the tater tots.
- Bake uncovered about 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. (Mine took 1 hour to cook all the way)
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Mix & Match Mama